We are pleased to announce that we will be re-opening from Tuesday 2nd June. Our decision to re-open is in line with England's gradual loosening of social movement as well as a clear encouragement by NHS England for the rollback of community-level services. We have also been advised by the Institute of Osteopathy that there is a need for the return of private healthcare services to support local communities after eight long weeks of limited activity and staying at home.
Please be reassured that we have conducted a risk assessment and have undergone all relevant training.
We have been issued new guidance on face-to-face consultations, which sets out a sequence of patient and practitioner protocols to maximise safe practice and reduce risk of infection for patients, practitioners and our support staff. Here is what to expect.
Upon contacting the clinic, patients will have a discussion with either Shelley or Fiona prior to their osteopathic appointment. This will include a series of triage questions to screen for Covid-19 and to advise patients on updated hygiene and treatment protocols.
On arrival patients will be asked to wash hands and sign a consent form for treatment.
Patients can wear a mask if they wish. These can be provided by Grantham Osteopathic Clinic on their arrival.
Practitioners will be wearing gloves, masks and aprons as appropriate.
The treatment rooms and reception will be cleaned and ventilated between appointments for between 15 and 30 minutes, as per latest infection control guidance. This will also reduce crowding in the reception area during payment and booking as we are unable to do back-to-back appointments. For this reason please do not arrive too early, if you do, please wait in your car until nearer your appointment time or wait for Shelley or Fiona to advise you that the clinic is ready…either a friendly wave or call to your mobile!
To book an appointment please call us on 01476 593919. As previously mentioned, we are having to space appointments in order to clean and change PPE, so availability is limited.
Our new working hours are:
Monday 9am - 6pm
Wednesday 9am - 6pm
Thursday 9am –6pm
Tuesday 9am - 6pm
Friday 9am - 6pm
Symptoms of Covid-19:
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
· A fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above)
· A cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
· Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
. sore throat
At Risk Groups:
Certain groups of people may be at risk of serious illness if they catch coronavirus. This risk is similar to other infections such as flu.
The list of at-risk groups includes those who:
· Are over 60, people over 70 are particularly vulnerable and should cocoon
· Have a long-term medical condition – for example heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, cancer, cerebrovascular disease, renal disease, liver disease or high blood pressure
· Have a weak immune system (immunosuppressed)
· Have a medical condition that can affect your breathing
· Are residents of nursing homes and other long-stay settings
· Are in specialist disability care and are over 50 years of age or have an underlying health problem.